Ledifos Tablets contains Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir a formulation combination of anti-viral medications used in the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (CHC) infection genotype 1. Ledifos is a prescription medicine containing Ledipasvir (90mg) a viral NS5A inhibitor and Sofosbuvir (400mg) a nucleotide inhibitor of the viral RNA polymerase.
The international brand name of this medicine is Harvoni that provides effective treatment in Chronic Hepatitis C Genotype 1 with a cure rate ranging between 94% to 99%. Ledifos helps prevent Chronic Hepatitis C Virus infection from multiplying in your body by weakening the virus and inhibiting its reproduction and replication.
Ledifos is to be administered under the strict supervision of a Hepatologist only.
* Ledifos is to be taken by adults over 18 years of age only.
* Ledifos is to be taken orally with a full glass of water.
* The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day.
* To be taken at the same time every day (24 hour gap).
* Ledifos's length of treatment may vary for a period between 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
* Do not stop use and intake of other anti-viral medications alongside Ledifos unless instructed by your doctor.
Important - The correct dosage and prescription commonly depend on the patient and the condition being treated. Duration of dosage can range between 8 weeks to 24 weeks and the correct duration of treatment is to be determined by your medical practitioner or doctor as it will depend on the patient's condition and their response to the therapy. Do not adjust your dosage without the approval of your medical practitioner or doctor. This product is only for use as prescribed and instructed by a doctor or medical practitioner.
Ledifos is not always suitable for all patients. Do not take Ledifos as it is contradicted in the following known cases:
* Pregnancy / Breast Feeding - Do not use Ledifos if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or trying to get pregnant.
* Unprotected Sex - Ledifos is contradicted for use during unprotected sexual intercourse as it may also lead to birth defects.
* Antacids - Ledifos is not to be taken within a before and after 4 hour period of taking any Antacids.
* Sofosbuvir / Ledipasvir Medications - Do not take Ledifos when taking other medications having Sofosbuvir and/or Ledipasvir as their active ingredients. Ledifos is also contradicted when taken alongside other medications used in the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus (CHC) infection.
* Sofosbuvir / Ledipasvir Allergy - Ledifos is contradicted for use if you are allergic to Sofosbuvir and/or Ledipasvir which are the active ingredients of Ledifos.
* Other Herbal / Dietary Supplements / Prescription Medicines / OTC Medicines - Ledifos may be contradicted for use when taken with other medications to treat Tuberculosis, Seizures, HIV, Cancer, Cholesterol, Heart ailments and other anti-viral medications. Consult your medical practitioner or doctor before using Ledifos by providing a list of any and all existing medications that you are taking to ascertain the safety and use of Ledifos.
Ledifos's active ingredients are Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir which may have reported side effects as under:
* Common Side Effects / Symptoms - Consult your doctor or medical practitioner if you experience any common side effects or symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, headache, loss of appetite, lower back pain, side pain, insomnia (sleeplessness) and/or fever.
* Serious Side Effects / Symptoms - Discontinue use of Ledifos and contact your emergency medical center right away if you experience any signs of pale skin, hives, rashes, edema (swelling), mood changes, excessive fatigue, behavior changes, irregular heartbeat, breathing difficulty, breathlessness, swallowing difficulty and/or signs of any infection.
* Unknown Side Effects / Symptoms: Ledifos may cause other unknown side effects or symptoms not listed here. For complete information, discuss the use of Ledifos with your doctor or healthcare medical practitioner before use.
Stop using regorafenib and call your doctor at once if you have:
1. fever, chills, flu symptoms, mouth sores, severe or ongoing vomiting or diarrhea;
2. feeling very thirsty or hot, being unable to urinate, heavy sweating, or hot and dry skin;
3. blood in your urine or stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
4. heavy menstrual periods or abnormal vaginal bleeding;
5. any bleeding that will not stop;
6. chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, feeling short of breath;
7. headache, confusion, change in mental status, vision loss, seizure (convulsions);
8. upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
9. dangerously high blood pressure (blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, uneven heartbeats);